Adding Widgets to Your Website
Widgets serve many, many functions. This section teaches you how to add "Widgets" to your website.
The general process to activate any widget (whether it be a WordPress or ClickSold widget) is the following:
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Choose a Widget and drag it to the sidebar where you wish it to appear. There might be more than one sidebar option, so begin with the first one. Once in place, WordPress automatically updates the Theme.
- Preview the site. You should find that the "default" sidebar elements are now gone and only the new addition is visible.
- Return to the Widgets Panel to continue adding Widgets.
- To arrange the Widgets within the sidebar or Widget area, click and drag it into place.
- To customize the Widget features, click the down arrow in the upper right corner to expand the Widget's interface.
- To save the Widget's customization, click Save.
- To remove the Widget, click Remove or Delete.
If you change WordPress Themes, the Widgets will return to the left side of the page in the Widget Archives or Available Widgets list. You may need to add them again and rearrangement depending upon the Theme's ability to preserve other Theme's Widgets.
A complete list of ClickSold designed widgets and a walk-through of how to add or configure them is available here:
- ClickSold Profile Widget - adds your profile photo and contact information to your website
- ClickSold Brokerage Info Widget - widget containing user's brokerage information
- ClickSold Feature Listing Widget - adds a section for viewing your listings
- ClickSold Listing Quick Search Widget - adds a section for a text-based listing search in your website's widget bar.
- ClickSold IDX Search Widget - adds a link to the IDX Search page in your website's widget bar
- ClickSold Buying Info Widget - adds a section for property buying information in your website's widget bar
- ClickSold Selling Info Widget - adds a section for property selling information in your website's widget bar
- ClickSold Mobile Site Widget - adds a link to your ClickSold mobile site in your website's widget bar
- ClickSold VIP Widget - adds the ClickSold VIP feature (register & sign-in) to any of your pages.
- Clicksold MLS Search Widget - adds a link to the MLS-Search Map.
- Clicksold Community Search Widget - adds a community based search to your page.
There are several WordPress widgets to choose from, too many to list here. Below is a list of some of the more popular WordPress Widgets.
- Social Profiles Widget - displays Social Profile links as icons (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
More information on WordPress widgets can be found here.
Want even more Widgets?
Note: ClickSold's "Hosted" option is required for adding custom widgets.
The instructions for how to get the ClickSold Hosted option are found here.
If you have ClickSold's Hosted option, you can download and install your own custom widgets, plugins, and themes. You can download them from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/.