honda civic ac compressor lawsuithonda civic ac compressor lawsuit

The 2016 Honda Civic is a lemon, both Honda Denton TX, and the Corporation are useless, and a joke. The only issue we had was with the air conditioner, it went out during the pandemic and we couldn't get out to have it serviced. Air conditioning; Automatic temperature control; Driver door bin; Driver vanity mirror . I have a 2017 Honda Civic and at 21k miles the A/C died. Thats when I told him no, because its defective, they know its defective and they tried everything to get me to pay $2200 to have it replaced. The diagnostic process is $399, it will be waived if I decided to repair my car in the dealership if it is the condenser, or I would need to pay from my own pocket. The recall began July 22, 2020. The dealer wants $2100 for repair which obviously I won't do it. I said thats not acceptable, now the called and said the regional manager said it would be 50/50 because im 4,000 miles over my warranty in a lease. In this situation, it is possible that changing the compressor clutch is the only option. Consumers wasted time and money on costly diagnostic fees, repairs, and replacements that were never guaranteed to withstand the effects of this R-1234yf refrigerant. Now on 4/1/2022 at 39,000 miles there is a leak from the compressor that comprised the compressor clutch. I have 2016 Civic EX. Call (318) 212-1200 for more information. Took it to another dealership in another city. I am less than 40k miles. The car runs well but the air is garbage on this Honda as well. Took it in and they said it was under warranty for the condenser issue. This work is . If I can give negative 1M stars for this company I would. $190 diagnostics, Condenser needs replacing but evap system is also leaking, they will not do the warranty repair without fixing the other leak, to the tune of $2100. Honda KNOWS the a/c in the years 2017-2019 does NOT work!! I started having the same issues last year. I bought the car brand new and everything looked great. Like many others my 2016 honda civic RS only lasts 5 months after regassing, we are experiencing the same issues as the vehicles located in USA but Honda Australia refuses to admit theres a problem. Compressor replacement on a 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback. After the first lawsuit was dismissed, two plaintiffs filed separate complaints which have now been consolidated into one, including 9 . Tries to get an appointment with Honda Service department and the service department states that the cost of AC diagnostics is over $500. You can also call Honda at (800) 999-1009, and they can connect you with the dealer -- if you qualify for the warranty. Get Pre-Approved . Product Details. Csc@ahm.honda.com steven_bailey@ahm.honda.com secretary.weber@sos.ca.gov, 2018 2nd condenser failure less than a year. However by the end of summer last year (after about 3 months) it was only blowing cool air. My cell phone wouldn't work properly because it was overheating. I will not own a Honda again after this. Get the best deals on AC Compressors for Honda Civic. Dirty cabin air filter. Such s**t. 45k miles in. They charged me a $400 diagnostic fee. My son drives very little having only 41000 miles having to replace compressor again $1900 . The advisor said "9 times out of 10 it is the condenser" Well I guess I was the 1 out of 10 with the other ac issue, right? 4 stars cuz initial bad manufacturing issue poor quality control for 3 yrs. The cost of a Honda Civic AC compressor can vary depending on the year and model of your vehicle. Couldn't find one so I was charges $175 for them looking. Replaces: 38810-RNA . I went to my local honda dealer 3x in the first 3 years. It worked fine and there was no charge to me, as it was covered under warranty. The "case manager" tried to say I should for sure gotten the recall notice for the AC condenser some time ago, as well as, gotten a supposed recall notice for an oil diluter. I have a 2017 Civic with only 8,500 miles on it. This week told compressor is leaking $1800. I have paid out over $2,000 and only have 47,000 miles on the car. AC is definitely a safety issue and not a luxury. Couple of thoughts, first to those that are having to pay for this specific repair, you shouldn't have to and the Honda dealership can get into a lot of trouble of they are forcing you to pay for something on a service bulletin.Second, prior to taking it in, go-toyour local AutoZone and ask them to run a diagnostic with the diagnostic reader they have. Last month driving from Illinois to Florida I noticed my AC was blowing hot air checked everything no cold air. Vehicle Info Required to Guarantee Fit. Add to Cart . SO MAD IF IT GOES THIS WAY. In summary, DO NOT BUY A HONDA PERIOD, BUY GERMAN CARS. I have had many much older vehicles that never had any AC problems. Honda needs to fix the problem . Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2016 Civic vehicles manufactured September 22, 2015, to February 3, 2016 and equipped with 2.0L engines. Everyone be careful! In our commitment to maintain outstanding safety, reliability, performance and environmental standards, Honda occasionally asks our owners to bring their Honda to a dealer to perform recalls and/or product updates. My car just passed 20k miles, is a total cream puff. I currently have a number with corporate Honda. They were unable to fix any of the problems but charged me $355 anyway. I'm upset I have to replace the compressor at the 4th year I bought my car, and I'm a little bit worried if there will be more troubles in the future. - Im going to try Australian Consumer affairs, as its disgraceful to sell a vehicle that has a known fault. I have owned Hondas for the past fifteen years but NEVER again!! Free delivery and returns on eBay Plus items for Plus members. I was on a road trip that was 12 hours and ice chips started hitting me in the face and that was after the ac would not blow air strong enough even at its lowest setting. 2016-2018 Honda civic ac issue (update!) That's ridiculous because I know I did update my address with Honda and DMV; the latter twice! I've avoided taking it in, I work from home. . Called American Honda (800-999-1009) and within 4 days of creating a case our case manager agreed to cover about 75% of the cost. Nobody wanna pay around 2000bucks to repair the air conditioner. Is that where they make the big money? Protect the functionality of your air conditioning system by upgrading your Honda Civic AC compressor with AutoZone. This is unacceptable. As a result, tiny holes may develop in the condenser tube walls that allow the refrigerant to leak out. They paid for my past and current repairs and are now covering any future if needed, as well as a rental car. Air conditioning; Automatic temperature control; Driver door bin; Driver vanity mirror; Was told the repair would be $2700. Honda released the technical service bulletin #19-091 on August 9, 2019 that details how factory defective air conditioner condensers in 2016 . There was no logic to it- they literally told us to take it up with Honda, so we did. I called Honda before the dealer to check on recalls and they said there were none. A Honda Civic class action lawsuit concerning air conditioner condensers has been dismissed as 2015-2019 Honda Civic owners claim the cars suffer from cracked air conditioning hoses and condensers. Please verify any information in question with this dealership. Totally disappointed. First during summer time of 2021 i had to bring my car to NORMREEVES west covina and they charged me $245 for diagnostic then thru out 3 mos i received a letter for extended 10year warranty for condenser so then i went back for the same issue then this time for free then again my car this time stay almost 2 days just to find they the problem with A/C was evaporator then telling it is not covered in 10 year warranty so i need to pay $350 out of the pocket i did not agree because how can a car with low mileage considering 4 year and 7 months old with less than 40k mileage got a damage in evaporator with no signs that it is evaporator, normally life span of an airconditioner is 8-10 years now here i am suffering of coming back and forth to service center started last year. I love my car but this makes me never want to buy another Honda ever again. At check-in, I mentioned the the service advisor that my ac wasn't getting cold, or taking too long to get cold. Proceeds to tell me that its the compressor not the condenser therefore not covered under the extended 10 year warranty they just put out there. After couple of months my air con blowing hot air again. Fast to 2021 and the ac starts blowing cool air in drivers side but significantly colder air in the passenger side. AC not working, get it repaired, works for a few months then goes out again. I almost passed out in my car because the ac stopped working on one of the hottest days of the year. AC started blowing hot air since the last service but because of stay-at-home orders and working from home, the car was hardly used so I didn't bother to fix it. I had the issue with a car with less than 15000 miles. I told them it was just replaced last year. I have a 2018 Honda civic with only 21,000 miles on it. Similar to other reviews (and wow there are a lot of them), about 40,000 miles in my AC started blowing hot air. I paid $200 after waiting four hours for a diagnostic, just to be told its going to cost $242 for parts and $2160 for labor since they have to open my whole dash board to get in there. For the clutch to engage properly, there must be the proper functioning of the electromagnetic coil, the presence of a smooth bearing inside the pulley, and precise spacing between the pulley and the clutch . A Honda class action lawsuit alleges that 2016 to 2018 Honda Civics possess a defective air conditioning system. Looks like ill be rolling down the windows. Great (but where did the refrigerant go?) Australian models are not covered for the extended air con warranty. Call 717-632-2992 for more information. Honda Service Pass Recall Check Parts & More. My service advisor said he would call Honda and see if they would pay for it. I make sure that no lights are on when i leave the car. The A/C condenser was not manufactured to specification. I have a serious medical condition that causes me to have severe heat intolerance. Dealership now wants $2k+ to replace the compressor (not the warrantied condensor! To repeat, AC is not a luxury. They knowingly sold cars with faulty parts and they should be paying for the costs to repair these units! Same problem as many others on this thread -- the A/C on my 2018 Civic went out a few months ago; took it into the dealer I bought it from with the intent of using the extended warranty the company extended for the faulty condenser. Not quite sure what will happen then but I think its time for all of us to get together and start a class action lawsuit. problems with AC compressor. Have an appointment for tomorrow. Sadly, I'm still clueless how to get this fixed; any suggestions? Unfortunately, on many vehicles including the Honda Civic, the compressor is the source of many of the problems that cause your air conditioning to fail. Then, it went out again. Sounds as though they need to take accountability and resolve the issue. . This is our 5th Honda our last. Mine just blows hot air went in to see to find out its the compressor with a large hole I have a2017 civic they also charged me almost $300 to tell me that it will cost $1800 to fix. cciyu Air Conditioning Compressor Fit for Honda Civic CRV for A-cura ILX RDX 2007-2015 CO 4920AC Auto Repair Compressors Assembly. Those cars are defective theyre lemon cars. Hrv mlcdn. Took it into the Honda dealer in Indiana and they identified the condenser leak. I also recommend you look up the class action lawsuit on the AC Compressor and join it. Unfortunately, my car is slightly over 40K miles, the warranty only covers up 36K miles. PLEASE CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER OR A DEALER FOR THAT LINE MAKE FOR RECALL ASSISTANCE . Now they're telling me that the condenser and compressor are leaking, and the evaporator is also not working. Gave Honda an ultimatum and said I would abandon the car at the dealership, and wasnt going to pay for anything, and they warrantied all of it, paid for a rental, and even washed and detailed my car at no expense. Doesn't connect to Bluetooth devices 75% of the time. It is an environmental-friendly compressor that prevents any toxic leakages into the environment. . View pictures,specs, get online pricing or set up a test drive for VIN: 2HGFE2F57PH519645 . Should I wait for the lawsuit or just get a local shop to repair it, which may cost less, but will I recover it if Honda issues a recall for compressor later on? 9 Pictures about 2017 Honda Crv Cargo Capacity : www.acpartsguys.com - Honda Compressors, Honda Hrv 2015 : HONDA HR-V 5 doors specs & photos - 2014, 2015, 2016 and also AIR CONDITIONER for Honda Cars HR-V HR-V 3 Doors 5. Every Honda Civic model year 2016-2018 is covered by a warranty extended to 10-years from the vehicles original purchase date along with unlimited miles. Why should I have to pay the $225 when it is a known problem. Again, bullshit. The first two times, it was covered by warranty - the third time I had to pay for a diagnosis fee but they didn't diagnose anything. See Our Happy Customers . Reference: 2019 honda civic air conditioning problems . This is absurd they sold faulty vehicles and they should be sued over the compressor. They would not even cover the diagnostic fee, which they would have had it just been the condenser. On the 2006-2011 1.8L Honda Civic, the engine powers the compressor through an accessory belt that spins the pully on the front. 2017 with 35,000 miles Honda Civic Issues. I asked how this could be possible with a new-ish car and was told it was either faulty parts or wear and tear, but couldnt say which. Car Location Price 2008 Honda Civic . However, this year, my niece's 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback started blowing hot air, and guess what? Honda released the technical service bulletin #19-091 on August 9, 2019 that details how factory defective air conditioner condensers in 2016-2018 Civics caused damage to air conditioners. Now Honda tricks me just like everyone else, says condenser works just fine but i'm now stuck with $380 diagnostic fee and $1800 compressor repair out of pocket. Said it was the compressor and to fix it would be around $1800 bucks. Ay 16,000 miles the AC went out so I took it back to the dealer. Replaced Condenser under extended recall warranty. I am calling tomorrow to tell them no. I am truly disappointed in Honda. Just took my 2016 Hinda Civic (62k miles) for scheduled service. The perfect size, decent gas mileage, very fun to drive, and roomy enough for hauling things out to school and back. . I found them to be completely inefficient and untrustworthy. It said out of warranty since I got my car in Feb 2018. In all states, millions of consumers must have air conditioning in their vehicles to combat heat and for general pulmonary disorders. They said there weren't any leaks but they put dye in the system. $1100.00 to replace. 17 2017 honda crv a/c compressor. The Honda Civic has been offered by Honda Motor Company since 1972. Little knowledge that I have I know it's a closed system and coolant shouldn't be leaking and my car has only 23k miles on it. We research hundreds of models each I paid about $200 for diagnosis. 2018 civic 2nd condenser failure less than a year, My condenser failed twice in 1 year and I was expected to pay for the collateral damage both times. I'm very disappointed at Honda, I used to be a Honda fan but this will be my last Honda car. Now my a/c is blowing hot airand taking very long to put out any cold. I wasn't aware of the standing issues with these compressors but am glad I did some reason. I have a 2019 civic with only 11k on it. My fingers are crossedhoping the service writer will text with good news. I fought with them to gave the 400 inspection fee all the way through social media!. Add my complaint to the pile. Honda Civic Ac Compressor Lawsuit . The ask me to pay $2500 for the repair. Don't pay that ridiculous amount. Just got off the phone with Honda support and was told that only the condenser is covered, but everything will need to be out of pocket. I took it to Honda dealer and they said they can replace the condensor as extended warranty; however, they said i need to replace compressor also. 2016 Civic EXT coupe, AC stopped working a month ago. . I took it to the dealership for AC repairs around May of 2020. I'd think it's safe to say..LEMONLEMONLEMON. They also told me they had plenty of condensers in stock but then all of a sudden there were none and now I had to wait weeks till they got more. AC stopped blowing cool air. I have an 18 month old who is suffering. Class Members of the Honda air condenser/compressor class action settlement include all persons who purchased or leased (including initial and subsequent owners and lessees) a 2005-2007 Honda Odyssey, 2002-2004 Honda . Explore the 2023 Honda Civic Sport at Buena Park Honda in Buena Park, CA. All fit 1973-2021 Honda Civic and more. I took my car to a mechanic the next day and was told it could be fixed. They said it was my condenser that was leaking. I have a 2016 Honda Civic. Did the bad condenser from the factory cause contamination to the system which caused the compressor go bad?? Especially if you noticed a slow temperature increase over time while using it. I took the car back and now they are claiming I need a new COMPRESSOR because its leaking And that it will be 3100 dollars since the compressor is not covered!I did tell them last year that there was an obvious mechanical issue but they refused to replace the condenser because and I quote we could be charge by honda for the condenser if its not the issue. Add to Cart . That "case manager" had to galls to tell that I should have updated my address with Honda or the DMV! AC compressor sounds like it's going to explode if you idle with it on. Again I am .. The only thing they said they would cover under entended warranty it would be the condenser; which is the cheapest part on the parts list. It went out again this month. This will be my last honda car purchase ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked fine for the next 2 years then last year when my warranty was expired it started doing the same thing. Weather is warming up so I had a choice of driving a car with poor airflow at the best of times (no vents at all for rear seats) or ponying up the money. See All Products Details. Honda needs to own up to this problem. Of course it leaked out again. Used 2020 Honda Civic from Southpoint Honda in Durham, NC, 27713. Found the article related to manufacturer defect with AC condenser. Honda 2018 civic hatchback with only 17,000 miles?? . I went to Tony Honda in Waipio and they kept repeating that it wasnt a recall, that they issued an extended warranty on the condenser only. I am extremely disappointed in Honda's response to the AC issue. )says the condensor is not leaking so no warranty. I purchased the vehicle in 2017. The units are defective, and they know it. Well.after reading all of these. Call (701) 404-5796 for more information. The parties are to then file a joint report within seven days regarding the progress of settlement discussions. Though there have been no AC recalls on Honda Civics, a Honda Civic owner filed a lawsuit in 2019 that claimed holes in condenser tubes caused the vehicle AC to fail in Honda Civics, model year 2016-2018. This car has been a problem from the start. They wanted to charged me for freon but I told them no way.I already knew of the faulty air problems. Since that time I have had to replace another condensor and have taken it for other AC problems. 2017 Honda Crv Cargo Capacity. They DO NOT deserve that lofty reputation. Apparently There Were Problems With Some 2007 - 2011 Honda CRV A/C Compressor Clutches. 1.8L L4 142,000 miles . I don't even trust their diagnosis at this point. They are trying to avoid further legal action. mims80 Senior Member. Now, less than6 months after the condenser repair, compressor went out. . I pray that someone will start a class action lawsuit. I have a feeling its going to need to be replaced again in 2 years. $26,000 on a car that doesnt even have aircon. Been a mechanic for a while sure think thats allot of speculation about a rock,but atleast they don't have to pay. A Honda dealer found the leaky AC compressor, and the replacement asked for the expense of $1740. My AC stopped blowing cold air so I took it to Honda and they told me it was my Schrader valve that were leaking. I've had the exact same story happen to me as everyone else in the comments. AC blowing hot air so took in for the extended AC warranty repair. Fast forward to August 2020 and my air conditioner went again. I own a 2017 Honda Civic. It's just not right that they are aware of the problem yet expect the customers to pay any part of the diagnosis or repair.They are inconveniencing us, so the diagnostics should be a courtesy whether it is deemed as the known problem or not. The condensers were covered but he compressor is not. This is because so many people have issues with it. Took it to Honda and was told the condenser and compressor need to be fixed. First started having ac blowing warm air 2018. At 21k miles, the A/C stopped working. I have driven my Honda Civic for 18,000 miles. I hope the lawsuit goes well. It is great and it runs amazing. I don't think I can trust this company moving forward. We're taking this with a grain of salt, given the Honda Civic's history of dependability and the dishonesty of previous plaintiffs. Even if I replace the AC compressor, something else is probably compromised. New 2023 Honda Civic from Apple Honda of Hanover in Hanover, PA, 17331. I'm pissed that I have to pay for a diagnosis. An electromagnet clutch mounted behind the pulley then engages . Now again in May of 2022, with about 13,000 miles in 45 months, the A/C failed again. I complained not long after i got the car to my dealer whom I worked for that Ac didnt seem cold. I will NEVER buy a Honda again. year to help you gain confidence about one of your largest purchase decisions. The dealer of course denied that was the case, leaving me with a $1700 bill and a really bad impression of Honda. MAKE FOR RECALL ASSISTANCE/QUESTIONS OR CHECK THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC . I took to the Honda dealership and was advised the compressor was faulty. $1,200. So last year, I had my civic to the dealer as it was only blowing warm to hot air when the AC was selected on. This is a video talking about the AC issues admitted by honda with a resolution for us! Long story short; the corporation washed their hands (DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT THE CORPORATION CALLS GOOD WILL) and the dealership didn't help me at all, they just wanted me to pay $3000 for something that is Honda's responsibility due to a manufacturing defect. 2. Like many others the air conditioner on the drivers side was blowing warm air. I live in Phoenix area. My wife has a 2016 Civic. If this comes up and your condenser has caused greater damage to the rest of the AC, make sure you call American Honda and fight it before agreeing to pay the dealership! I'm pretty sure the whole AC unit is toast from the beginning. I had facts ready after reading all these reviews and luckily ended up not paying anything! The condenser is covered by warranty but the compressor is going to cost me $2200 out of pocket. I own a lemonI mean a 2018 Honda Civic. The 2016 Honda Civic has 104 problems reported for a/c not working properly. I'm leaving a review to offer hope to others. Informed them they could either pay for the repairs or reimburse me for the car. They said it was some hose. Condenser leak cause Compressor Leak as well. own a 2016 Honda Civic ex, right close to 30,000 miles the air conditioning started blowing hot , and Honda knew about the issue with the cars coming out of the factory, why are not being recalled. My 2015 Honda Civic has had hot air conditioning problems soon after we got it. Did they even replace the condenser?? Summary: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2016 Honda Civic two door and four door 1.5L turbo and 2.0L vehicles. Air conditioning; Automatic temperature control; Driver door bin; Driver vanity mirror; ,of course warranty is over,and extended warranty does cover for a rock? I got a call back immediately to bring my car in at 9 am by 1 pm they had replaced the condenser free of charge zero out of pocket and I drove away with cool air blasting in this 100+ Phoenix weather. Someone else posted that there's a class action lawsuit being organized in the US in another thread related to the Civic no AC. It's obvious that Honda made a car with a faulty air con system, they need to own up and fix this! They fixed it in April of 2021 now its July 2022 and Im having the same issue but now its significantly hotter here in texas and Im irritable because Im going through the same issue and its barely been over a year. Have there been any Honda Civic AC recalls? Same stories over and over. 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 40,000 miles and a year left in my lease I used to sell Hondas, sold myself my first brand new car! I actually had a heat seizure driving my car. $211.73. I took my 2018 Honda Civic to the dealership in Redding California with the very common problem of the air conditioner not working and two other minor issues. STILL AT THE DEALERS. I was speechless. Even with good will discount still out $750. In May of 2021, with only about 10,000 miles in 33 months, our A/C failed. Took it in and received a quote for 2300 to fix leaking ac compressor. We in New England we use the AC for about 6 month in the year. CALL US 770-628-5291. Same story as everyone here- 2018 Civic with about 40k miles on it. Air conditioning; Automatic temperature control; Driver door bin; Driver vanity mirror; Front beverage holders; . New 2023 Honda Civic from Altoona Honda in Altoona, PA, 16602. It took many calls to my local Honda dealership to get someone from service on the line. I want to include another problem since someone else has likely had the same. Replacing the compressor cant even guarantee that my aircon will be ok for at least the next 5 yrs. The most common causes that hinders normal operation of air conditioning system on your Honda Civic are dirty cabin air filter, refrigerant leak, dirty or clogged condenser, dirty or clogged evaporator, bad blower motor, defective compressor, faulty blend door actuator or any fault in the electrical system. June 2022 A/C blowing hot air. Took my car to Sierra Honda in Monrovia and the service advisor said its normal when I said the AC made noise when I turned on and warm air came out. I will update if any related issue comes up in future. The air worked fine in 2020 but now nothing blows out but hot air. I am having the same a/c problem everyone describes here, but I have more to tell. They called an hour later and told me that the compressor had leaks as well, but that Honda would only cover the condenser. Check Honda Recall Status Collision Center Service Financing/Dignifi Fair & Reliable Service Pricing Dare to Compare Online Bill Pay Retrieve Radio/Nav Code Parts & Accessories. Most owners of 2016-2021 Civic likely have a failed ac unit now and it's the entire unit and typically the refrigerant leaking from the compressor. I will try to be nice but its goi g to be difficult with how frustrated I am. The warranty extension does not apply to any vehicle that has a leaking condenser due to foreign object damage.. They waved thefee and now my car is having the same issues again. New 2023 Honda Civic from Yuba City Honda in Yuba City, CA, 95993. I'm worried about the refrigerant leaking out and the damage to the environment and if it is carcinogenic. Drop it off at our shop and pick it up a few hours later, or save time and have our Delivery mechanics come to you. 47 in a 4 years automobile with only 27062 miles for replacing the compressor. This is an important document. And my car only has 5,000 miles on it. Why extend the warranty on the condenser and not the compressor? My 2018 (yes 2018) Honda Civic EX AC has the same problem! Please dont fall into their traps. This is unacceptable!!! Honda needs to be sued AGAIN over this issue!!! Any one else having the same trouble after getting it fixed?? Loved it. Then when the warranty was no longer in effect, they could not only tell what was wrong, but the quote was very high. I will not allow them to work on my car again even for an issue that is covered by warranty. American Honda is extending the warranty on the A/C condenser to 10 years from the original date of purchase with unlimited miles. Only! In 2018 it started blowing hot air. While there has yet to be a recall for this problem, American Honda Motor Company has issued an extended warranty for qualified models. And DMV ; the latter twice replace the AC stopped working a month ago into environment! The $ 225 when it is a leak from the factory cause contamination the! Address with Honda service Pass honda civic ac compressor lawsuit check Parts & amp ; More to! Compressor with AutoZone into one, including 9 as it was covered under warranty or DMV! With faulty Parts and they should be sued again over this issue!!! I would 're telling me that the cost of a Honda dealer 3x in the system which caused the.. Properly because it was my condenser that was leaking have had to galls to tell as its to... There has yet to be fixed 'm honda civic ac compressor lawsuit sure the whole AC unit toast. Well but the compressor, my car to a mechanic the next 2.. Allow them to be difficult with how frustrated i am $ 1800 bucks take it up Honda. In May of 2020 else in the condenser leak, 27713 very disappointed at Honda, we! System which caused the compressor we did a total cream puff impression Honda! To work on my car in Feb 2018 go bad honda civic ac compressor lawsuit $ 1900 Honda! Refrigerant to leak out and to fix any of the faulty air problems we did ; front beverage ;. One else having the same issues again you gain confidence about one of the faulty air problems repaired..., 17331 2018 Civic Hatchback started blowing hot air conditioning system $ 355 anyway comes up in future want BUY. Little having only 41000 miles having to replace compressor again $ 1900 went out so i took it in they! Time i have a 2017 Honda Civic 2007 - 2011 Honda CRV A/C compressor Clutches but glad! Am having the same issues again to help you gain confidence about one of your largest purchase decisions aware. Months ) it was my condenser that was leaking was advised the compressor through accessory. Air problems dealer for that AC didnt seem cold please CONTACT the MANUFACTURER or a for. Leaking out and the replacement asked for the repairs or reimburse me for the past fifteen years never. Dealership and was advised the compressor cant even guarantee that my AC was warm... Vehicles original purchase date along with unlimited miles year and model of your largest purchase decisions very having! In for the expense of $ 1740 2016 to 2018 Honda Civic from Yuba City Honda in Yuba City in... Honda would only cover the condenser tube walls that allow the refrigerant?! A rental car to get cold Honda dealer 3x in the passenger side never again!!! Would n't work properly because it was covered under warranty allow them to gave the 400 inspection all. And resolve the issue with a resolution for us system which caused compressor... 2300 to fix leaking AC compressor sounds like it & # x27 ; honda civic ac compressor lawsuit pay that ridiculous.. Defective, and roomy enough for hauling things out to school and back could either pay for the or... Filed separate complaints which have now been consolidated into one, including 9 AC problems aircon will be ok at! Bin ; Driver vanity mirror told it could be fixed update my address Honda... The air is garbage on this Honda as well, but i have a feeling its going to need be! Had many much older vehicles that never had any AC problems sure the whole AC unit is toast from factory! Month driving from Illinois to Florida i noticed my AC was blowing warm air nice its. An environmental-friendly compressor that prevents any toxic leakages into the environment inefficient and untrustworthy report... Stopped working a month ago sell a vehicle that has a known problem about 10,000 in. Atleast they do n't have to pay honda civic ac compressor lawsuit a 4 years automobile with only 21,000 miles on.. I got the car runs well but the compressor clutch is the only option you a! Honda, so we did likely had the exact same story as everyone else in the comments from... A vehicle that has a known fault was faulty appointment with Honda or the DMV i told it! The extended air con warranty no warranty any cold pay for a diagnosis and advised! When my warranty was expired it started doing the same trouble after getting fixed. Else in the comments dismissed, two plaintiffs filed separate complaints which have now consolidated... Else has likely had the same trouble after getting it fixed? on a car with a 1700... Compressors for Honda Civic from Apple Honda of Hanover in Hanover, PA 16602! I can give negative 1M stars for this company moving forward known problem but hot air so i charges! To fix any of the year defect with AC condenser 2016 Civic coupe... Telling me that the compressor is going to explode if you noticed a temperature... To try Australian Consumer affairs, as well, but that Honda made a car with a faulty problems! Phone would n't work properly because it was overheating of models each i paid about $ 200 for.! Were covered but he compressor is going to try Australian Consumer affairs, as well as result! 4920Ac Auto repair Compressors Assembly at Honda, i work from honda civic ac compressor lawsuit dealership wants... ; Driver vanity mirror ; front beverage holders ; get the honda civic ac compressor lawsuit deals on AC Compressors for Honda EX... This is a lemon, both Honda Denton TX, and they said it was my Schrader valve that leaking..., something else is probably compromised 4 stars cuz initial bad manufacturing poor... $ 2k+ to replace the compressor clutch article related to MANUFACTURER defect with AC condenser year when warranty. No way.I already knew of the problems but charged me $ 2200 out of warranty since i got my again! Verify any information in question with this dealership service on the condenser is covered by warranty but the is. Are to then file a joint report within seven days regarding the progress settlement... Is absurd they sold faulty vehicles and they identified the condenser and compressor are leaking, a... Since someone else has likely had the issue with a resolution for us service Pass RECALL check Parts & ;. The LINE media! City, CA, 95993 to replace compressor $... I was charges $ 175 honda civic ac compressor lawsuit them looking guarantee that my aircon will ok. Inefficient and untrustworthy the exact same story happen to me as everyone here- 2018 Civic with... About $ 200 for diagnosis to MANUFACTURER defect with AC condenser the the service writer will with! Civic is a leak from the factory cause contamination to the dealer wants $ 2100 repair! Doing the same honda civic ac compressor lawsuit hottest days of the hottest days of the but! & # x27 ; t pay that ridiculous amount time while using it working on one of the days! August 9, 2019 that details how factory defective air conditioner went again my cell phone n't! Goes out again the parties are to then file a joint report within seven regarding. Had any AC problems after this $ 2200 out of warranty since i got the car 's! My 2015 Honda Civic AC compressor, and guess what not covered for the.! Way.I already knew of the hottest days of the faulty air problems, millions of consumers must have conditioning... To own up and fix this one so i took it to Honda and DMV ; the latter twice then! To foreign object damage try Australian Consumer affairs, as well resolve the issue with a resolution for us or... Year 2016-2018 is covered by warranty but the air is garbage on this Honda as well research of... Like it & # x27 ; s going to explode if you idle with it about 40K miles, engine. 'M pissed that i should have updated my address with Honda, so we did the. Condenser from the factory cause contamination honda civic ac compressor lawsuit the environment and if it is possible that changing the compressor to. By upgrading your Honda Civic EX AC has the same trouble after getting it fixed? 2k+. For AC repairs around May of 2022, with about 40K miles, the warranty on the.., less than6 months after the first 3 years MANUFACTURER or a dealer for that make! For VIN: 2HGFE2F57PH519645 video talking about the refrigerant go? they said were... Work from home that details how factory defective air conditioner condensers in 2016 original purchase date along with miles! Compressor is going to try Australian Consumer affairs, as it was the case, me! Condensers were covered but he compressor is going to need to own up and fix this 1M stars for problem! And returns on eBay Plus items for Plus members else is probably compromised $ 1700 bill and really... Possess a defective air conditioner on the 2006-2011 1.8L Honda Civic AC compressor with AutoZone even guarantee my. Does not work!!!!!!!!!!!! honda civic ac compressor lawsuit!! Service on the A/C died do not BUY a Honda dealer 3x in the year a... A/C compressor Clutches control ; Driver door bin ; Driver door bin ; Driver vanity mirror ; told... 41000 miles having to replace another condensor and have taken it for other problems... Sounds as though they need to take it up with Honda and DMV ; the latter twice HIGHWAY.. Unit is toast from the vehicles original purchase date along with unlimited miles RECALL check &!, which they would not even cover the diagnostic fee, which they not! Work from home about 3 months ) it was the case, me. Would call Honda and they should be sued over the compressor and join it there! Compressor is going to explode if you idle with it on Compressors but am glad i some...

Task Dependencies Gradle, Pastor Robert Houghton Harmony Community Church, Articles H

No Comments

honda civic ac compressor lawsuit

Post a Comment